Most innovative (author's pick)
The Metaverse's Aggregator Genie announced Genie Swap, the first-ever NFT marketplace aggregator on Ethereum. Users will be able to buy, sell and trade across all the major NFT marketplaces with a single transaction for one or multiple NFTs.
- Alongside Genie Swap, the Genie List will allow users to batch list their NFTs for sale on one or more marketplaces simultaneously.
Barbados is working with different companies to become the first sovereign nation with an embassy in the Metaverse. The country is closing agreements with Somnium Space, SuperWorld and other Metaverse platforms.
- Barbados' virtual embassies will provide services like e-visas and teleporters, allowing users to teleport their avatar between different virtual worlds;
- The country plans to aggressively expand its initial effort to build structures and purchase digital land in different virtual worlds.
The Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT collection has seen an increasing number of celebrity owners across the entertainment and sports world. Celebrities such as Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Curry and Mark Cuban are heading the traction on the Apes adoption.
- The Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon revealed to Beeple that he had "aped in" the collection by purchasing Bored Ape #599 using MoonPay.
Universal Music announced the formation of KINGSHIP, a Metaverse band whose members are three Bored Apes and one Mutant Ape. The project was created by 10:22PM founder Celine Joshua in collaboration with Jimmy McNeils, a leading NFT collector, who provided the Apes for the group.
- In the statement, Universal Music said 10:22 PM will “guide the group in developing and releasing new music, NFTs, community-based products, activations and experiences in the metaverse, and kick off a new generation of artist, fan and community engagement”.
The NFT gaming firm Animoca Brands is partnering with South Korea record label Cube Entertainment to build a K-pop music Metaverse. The partnership will create multimedia NFTs celebrating popular actors and K-pop musicians.
- According to Yat Siu, co-founder of Animoca Brands "K-pop is taking the world by storm, and here at Animoca Brands we can’t wait to work with Cube Ent and its roster of K-pop artists as we continue our efforts to make the open metaverse a reality".
New products and ideas
Music producer Timbaland has launched Ape-In Productions, a new entertainment company that will create music and animation based on Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT avatars.
- The company's first release will be a single from a virtual hip-hop group called TheZoo, alongside its first NFT collectible;
- According to Timbaland, Ape-In Productions is “a new entertainment platform in the metaverse that puts creative control and long-term ownership back in the hands of artists, a concept that is incredibly important to us”.
Cryptovoxels has partnered with Offsetra to offset its carbon footprint. The virtual world has so far offset 1,528 tons of carbon dioxide, becoming a carbon-neutral platform.
- The platform has managed to calculate the power consumption needed to run the platform, powered by Ethereum, and take the necessary actions to counteract its impact on the physical world;
- By partnering with Offsetra, Cryptovoxels helped a number of climate-saving initiatives such as forestry projects in Brazil and Belize and wind farms in Honduras.
MyEtherWallet launched ETH Blocks, its first NFT collection. Each NFT represents an individual block mined to the Ethereum Blockchain and its image is generated based on the block's data.
- The NFTs are available only via the MyEtherWallet website;
- Some blocks won't be available to mint, such as blocks 1-10 that are reserved for Ethereum Founders. In addition, 13 blocks that represent the history of Ethereum have been pre-minted and put up for auction on November 11 through December 11th.
🤝 Thanks to the partner SOTA Gallery
STATE OF THE ART NFT Gallery - @SOTADOTXYZ
New metaverse, SOTA (state of the art) is here! @Lsdingo_nft changes our perception of time and space with this unique design. SOTA is re-imagining the habits and cultures of crypto-gaming and NFTs, in a sophisticated space. The metaverse provides a full-blown interactive 3D experience for NFT lovers and gamers. This center of excellence is situated in the future, secretly hidden somewhere in the NEARverse!
Curated and built by @Lsdingo_nft
- A deep dive into the state of the Axie Infinity Economy: This Twitter thread explores the economic dynamics and next challenges of Axie Infinity ;
- NFTs Set to Revolutionize the Patent Sector: This NFT Plazas article shares insights on how NFTs can prove patent uniqueness and revolutionize the sector.
New podcasts and shows
- Zima Red Podcast: In this episode, Andrew interviews Chris, the founder of NFT Plazas, a news website that covers all the action around the NFT space;
- Overpriced JPEGs Podcast: Its first episode, Carly interviews Betty NFT, self-described Horde Mother of Deadfellaz;
- Bankless Layer Zero Podcast: In this episode, David interviews the prolific NFT investor and collector Gmoney.
Save the date
- 30th November - 1st December: DCENTRAL Miami is the largest NFT & DeFi conference in Miami, don't miss it!
- 7th December: Metaverso is Puerto Rico’s first summit on NFTs, it's a great catch!
NFT space in numbers
The values below are from 12th - 18th November 2021. Source: DappRadar.
|Axie Infinity||ETH, RONIN||$191.74M
|Bored Ape Yacht Club #1837||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$1.58M
|Fidenza #718||Art Blocks||$1.12M
|Bored Ape Yacht Club||$105.98M
|Mutant Ape Yacht Club||$74.34M
|Lil Baby Ape Club - LBAC||$16.35M