Most innovative (author's pick)
Torii Homes launched the Blockchain Home Registry (BHR) platform. BHR allows homeowners to claim a verified NFT of their property. Once verified, the homeowner's NFT will be included in the BHR platform, which enables the real estate industry to build services based on data-driven metrics.
- The platform will enable homeowners to make informed decisions about their purchases and analyze risks such as fire hazards and floods in the area;
- Homeowners will also have the possibility to monetize their data. As Torii Homes co-founder Zach Gorman explains: “Homeowners can add and maintain their records over time and can then choose to monetize that data by letting other organizations access it.”
OpenSea acquired the NFT marketplace aggregator Gem. As part of the announcement, OpenSea stated that Gem will continue operating independently as a stand-alone product and brand.
- Among other features, Gem provides the ability to purchase NFTs across multiple marketplaces in a single transaction;
- According to OpenSea's CEO, the company plans to add Gem's key features to the platform.
Ryan Carson, the COO of PROOF Collective that launched the Moonbirds NFT collection left PROOF to start an NFT fund. The new venture, 1.21 Gigawatts Fund, markets itself as “the fund you wish you could go back in time and invest in”
- Carson’s departure was not well received by the NFT community. He has also been criticized for speculating about the price of Moonbirds on Twitter.
- Each NFT is dubbed a “virtual commemorative ticket” for the NFL Draft, but it doesn’t serve as an actual access pass to the live event in Las Vegas.
Nike and RTFKT launched customizable virtual sneakers called CryptoKicks. CryptoKicks were first offered to members of the RTFKT community. Every CloneX holder was airdropped a box containing the digital sneakers.
- CryptoKicks can have their appearance changed with digital vials from the RTFKT SKIN VIAL: EVO X collection.
New products and ideas
MoonPay is hiring engineers to build its new NFT minting-as-a-service platform HyperMint as the company adds more product lines to its core payments offering.
- According to a job ad looking for a Solana engineer, HyperMint is a “Web3 infra company that makes it easy for enterprises, brands and creators to create and deploy tokens.” The platform allows the creation, management, and distribution of NFTs at scale;
- "We abstract away the complexities of deploying an NFT/token strategy and cut time to market from months to weeks or even days. Think AWS for NFTs," the company said in the job advert.
Animoca Brands partnered with Planet Holywood. The joint venture will be a mass collection of NFTs and a wider metaverse platform. The MetaHollywood NFT collections will include 60k assets depicting iconic items from a Hollywood-produced blockbuster.
- MetaHollywood will also create an NFT marketplace centered around movies, where studios and creators can sell NFTs to fans;
- The platform will also have its own native utility token and governance token $HWOOD that will allow holders to influence decisions over community development.
NFT Artist of the Week - Victoria L
We are reissuing the NFTID NFT Drop from our previous Artist of the Week Victoria L in our new Polygon NFT format. Victoria L. is an NFT artist focused on 3D and conceptual sculpting art. Her Fragile Animals collection aims to create 100 unique 3D animals, seeking to inform about the conservation status of various species, highlight the problems associated with the consumer attitude to wildlife, and pay forward to those who care.
This week's NFTID NFT Drop can be claimed by any address of our newsletter subscribers. If you are a subscriber, leave us your email and wallet address via this form.
- Web3 Security: Attack Types and Lessons Learned: This A16z article covers the different Web3 attack types, classifying them by sophistication and automatability;
- OpenSea buys Gem: This Metaverse article explores OpenSea's acquisition of Gem and explains OpenSea's motivations behind it.
New podcasts and shows
- LegalEagle: This video covers the legal problems associated with NFTs, copyright issues, and the classification of NFTs as securities;
- Zima Red: In this episode, Andrew interviews Yury Lifshits, the founder of SuperDAO, a platform for creating DAOs and DAO-related infrastructure;
- The Delphi Podcast: In this episode, Tom talks to Conor Moore and David Choi from MetaStreet, a liquidity routing and scaling solution for peer-to-peer (P2P) NFT-collateralized loan platforms. In the episode, they discuss the problems with scaling the NFT lending market and how MetaStreet vaults work.
Save the date
- 20th - 23rd June: NFT NYC is the leading annual NFT event, don't miss it!
NFT space in numbers
The values below are from 23rd - 29th April 2022. Source: DappRadar.
|NBA Top Shot||FLOW||$6.89M
|Bored Ape Yacht Club #2252||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$477.86k
|Bored Ape Yacht Club #5156||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$470.68k
|Bored Ape Yacht Club #6172||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$465.68k
|Bored Ape Yacht Club||$33.88M
|Mutant Ape Yacht Club||$15.18M
|CLONE X - X TAKASHI MURAKAMI||$11.66M
|NFT Worlds V2||$10.52M
*Most of the sales in the collection occurred on the LooksRare marketplace and may be the subject of wash trading.