Most innovative (author's pick)
GitPOAP is a platform that integrates POAP issuance with GitHub, providing software projects with an innovative way to recognize their communities, while enabling the contributors to build a public, immutable record of their work.
- The platform is live and software contributors for big projects such as Gitcoin, Ethereum.org, and Hardhat will be granted exclusive POAPs.
Meta is planning to charge a 47.5% fee on the sale of digital assets, including NFTs, on its virtual reality platform Horizon Worlds. On top of that, Horizon Worlds will charge a 17.5% service fee. The values are much higher than Opensea's 2.5% and LooksRare's 2% service fees.
- In a blog post on April 11, Meta said it is testing virtual sales inside Horizon Worlds, where creators will be able to sell items like fashion accessories for users' avatars.
The NFT of Jack Dorsey's first tweet was listed for sale for $48M but received only seven offers, with a highest bid of $280. The NFT had previously been purchased in March 2021 by Sina Estavi for $2.9M
- Estavi decided to sell the NFT and donate 50% of its proceeds (which he thought would be over $25M) to charity. The auction ended with bids ranging from 0.0019 ETH to 0.09 ETH.
Mastercard filed 15 crypto, NFT and Metaverse trademarks. The applications were filed with the US Patent and Trademark Office on a 1b basis, meaning that there's the intention to use them in the future.
- One of the files includes NFTs, payments processing in the Metaverse, and a digital goods marketplace.
The art auction house Sotheby’s announced its plans to hold an auction for only generative art NFT projects. The generative NFT art auction will include pieces representing the history of generative art, from the 1960s to the present day, and is set to occur between April 18-24.
- Vera Molnár, Chuck Csuri and Roman Verostko, three generative art OGs whose works emerged in the 1960s will have their works offered as NFTs for the first time;
- Generative art involves an autonomous system such as a computer or a mechanical object using a predefined program to generate the final piece, usually with programable randomness.
New products and ideas
Coinbase is entering the entertainment business with the launch of a three-part animation series based on Bored Ape Yacht Club. The animation series will be called "The Degen Trilogy" and will be produced by Coinbase, created and approved by Yuga Labs.
- The series is set to launch during the NFT NYC in June, and will be based on the Bored Apes and APECoin;
- Coinbase will collaborate with selected NFT holders to feature their apes in the films. Bored Ape holders can submit their characters for consideration on the project's website;
Sega is preparing for the Metaverse with a five-year "Super Game" plan, an interconnected framework of high-quality games that could incorporate Web3 technologies.
- “It is a natural extension for the future of gaming that it will expand to involve new areas such as cloud gaming and NFTs,” said Sega producer Masayoshi Kikuchi;
- According to Kikuchi, several titles are being developed within the Super Game framework, which could lead to a Metaverse initiative in which games are interconnected with each other.
NFT Artist of the Week - Sotuland Dreams
We are reissuing the NFTID NFT Drop from our previous Artist of the Week Sotuland Dreams in our new Polygon NFT format. Sotuland is an NFT artist focused on "surreal and automatic drawings of a subconscious mind". Sotuland's work brings an iconic and surreal design to different characters and adventure landscapes.
This week's NFTID NFT Drop can be claimed by any address of our newsletter subscribers. If you are a subscriber, leave us your email and wallet address via this form.
- What's new in cryptoart | April 2022: This Metaversal issue explores 10 recent events around cryptoart, such as SuperRare supporting interactive art, music NFTs gaining traction, and much more;
- NFT Indexes Quarterly Report - Q1 2022: The Nansen NFT indexes quarterly report provides insights on 6 different indexes representing different NFT sectors. During the last quarter, the Metaverse sector has seen outstanding growth compared to the other segments.
New podcasts and shows
- The Crypto Conversation: In this episode, Andy interviews Chef Pierre, the head of Big Town Chef, a play-to-earn, NFT farming, trading and cook-off Web3 game;
- The FTX Podcast: In this episode, Tristan interviews Jack, Sidney and Zhuoxun, co-founders of Magic Eden, the leading NFT marketplace on Solana.
- The Scoop: In this episode, Frank talks to Animoca Brands CEO Robby Yung. Young discusses Animoca's growth and shares his philosophy on what it means to build an open Metaverse platform;
Save the date
- 20th - 23rd June: NFT NYC is the leading annual NFT event, don't miss it!
NFT space in numbers
The values below are from 9th - 15th April 2022. Source: DappRadar.
|NBA Top Shot||FLOW||$6.89M
|Bored Ape Yacht Club #1562||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$702.68k
|CloneX #1427||CLONE X||$697.34k
|CloneX #19042||CLONE X||$645.92k
|Bored Ape Yacht Club #1131||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$633.83k
|Bored Ape Yacht Club||$33.88M
|Mutant Ape Yacht Club||$15.18M
|CLONE X - X TAKASHI MURAKAMI||$11.66M
|NFT Worlds V2||$10.52M
*Most of the sales in the collection occurred on the LooksRare marketplace and may be the subject of wash trading.