Most innovative (author's pick)
In the Zima Red article "Nonfungible Token (NFT) Value Drivers", Andrew Steinwold explores a framework of value drivers for different types of NFTs, such as collectibles, game assets, and virtual land. Given we're still dabbling with "price floor" metrics in most NFT verticals, this article is a refreshing conceptual treat.
Trending this week
- The NFTs will be available on Immutable X, a layer e for NFTs on Ethereum;
- Each NFT in the collection will be exhibit at the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens, NY beginning on October 1 through November 5;
- "Now, fans can own a moment on TikTok that helped shape the internet while supporting some of their favorite creators. We're excited to see how our community and NFT communities engage with some of the internet's most beloved cultural milestones." According to Nick Tran, TikTok's Global Head of Marketing.
A new report from Bank of America calls blockchain "the most exciting new market in years". The report also claims that DeFi and NFT show "the most innovation" in the blockchain space.
- The Twitter user @PastryEth made a great thread summary of the report;
- The company calls NFTs "A surprise for all" and with constant evolution, such as the integration of AI and embedded smart contracts.
- Microsoft describes its Windows 11 NFT as "a one-of-a-kind cryptographic token that lives in your digital wallet and unlocks valuable experiences and rewards."
New products and ideas
Dapper Labs acquired the influencer platform Brud, the start-up behind the virtual celebrity Lil Miquela, and is launching a new project called "Dapper Collective" that will focus on communities to build DAOs via the Flow blockchain.
- Brud CEO Trevor McFedries will lead Dapper Collectives;
- Dapper Collectives will also focus on "Help the most forward-thinking “web 2” companies decentralize their operations, engaging at the CEO and Board of Directors level to assist in tokenomics as well as technical implementation."
Axie Infinity, the most popular blockchain game, planning to launch a decentralized exchange (DEX) to allow users to trade AXS and SLP tokens on-chain.
- The DEX will be built on the Ethereum-linked sidechain Ronin, which was built for the game;
- One of the reasons to create the DEX was to avoid the need to use cross-chain bridges to purchase or swap tokens, better integrating the game ecosystem.
Czech Royal Family is launching a collection of NFTs inspired by historic pieces. The NFT sales funds will be used to restore prestigious historical pieces.
- Prince Rudolf Lobkowickz started to create digital content and virtual tours for the fans when there were pandemic restrictions to real-life cultural tours;
- The Prince will be holding a "Non-Fungible Castle" NFT exhibition in Prague between October 11 to October 16;
- “By investing in an NFT, a patron receives ownership of a unique digital asset, while also directly supporting conservation efforts or other important cultural initiatives.” according to the Prince.
New podcasts and shows
- Delphi Podcast: In this episode, Tom talks to Adam, the Lead at Gen Art and they dive into the future of generative art and different membership models;
- Delphi Podcast: In this episode, Tom interviews Aaron and David, founders of Altered State Machine, a decentralized platform to integrate Artificial Intelligence into NFTs. Here is a great summary of the episode;
- Bankless Podcast: In this episode, David and Ryan talk to Devin, the founder & CEO of OpenSea, and explore his views on different aspects of NFTs;
- Zima Red Podcast: In this episode, Andrew interviews Kijun, the co-founder of Planetarium. The episode deep dives into Nine Chronicles, a completely open-source, decentralized RPG game built on its own blockchain and governed by the users.
Save the date
- 14th October: The Value of Community in NFTs live webinar will discuss how online communities are making NFTs more relevant.
- 1st-4th November: NFT NYC is the leading annual NFT event, don't miss it!
NFT space in numbers
The values below are from 1-7 October 2021. Source: DappRadar.
|Axie Infinity||ETH, RONIN||$129.54M
|Ringers #109||Art Blocks||$6.93M
|Pepe the Frog NFT Genesis||-||$3.53M
|TIME The Future of Business (Beeple Edition)||-||$2.42M
|A slight lack of symmetry can cause so much pain||-||$2.42M
800 ETH ETH
|CrypToadz by GREMPLIN||$54.02M
|The Humanoids [NEW]||$21.88M
|Bored Ape Yacht Club||$21.65M
|Capsule House [NEW]||$14.34M