Most innovative (author's pick)
Async Art, the NFT platform for programmable art, released Blueprints, a new tool where artists can easily create generative art projects. The tool enables the end-to-end creation of a generative project without requiring code knowledge, empowering artists and creators at scale.
Nike acquired NFT fashion and collectibles startup RTFKT. The terms of the deal were not disclosed yet. One of the RTFKT main products is a hybrid NFT/physical shoe collection, which fits perfectly with the sportswear giant.
- RTFKT previously collaborated with the artist FEWOCiOUS to sell physical shoes along with digital versions, netting over $3.1 million at the time;
- “We’re acquiring a very talented team of creators with an authentic and connected brand. Our plan is to invest in the RTFKT brand, serve and grow their innovative and creative community and extend Nike’s digital footprint and capabilities.”, according to John Donahoe, President and CEO of NIKE, Inc.
Yuga Labs and Animoca Brands partnered to develop a blockchain-based Bored Ape Yacht Club game. The game is expected to launch in Q2 of 2022.
- The game will feature a play-to-earn system, where players can gain real value assets by playing the game;
- According to Yuga Labs' executive chairman, the partnership will expand the benefits for the Bored Apes holders.
FTX US announced a deal with the NBA team Golden State Warriors. The Warriors will launch NFTs on FTX US's marketplace in early 2022.
- The NFTs will include digital collectibles of the Warriors’ six NBA Championship rings and 10 commemorative ticket stubs;
- “The FTX US NFT Platform will provide a leading, safe and secure venue for the Warriors international fan base to access exclusive collectibles from the franchise”, says Brett Harrison, FTX President.
New products and ideas
Mintable marketplace announced a partnership with the L2 ImmutableX. The integration will enable users to deposit ETH and ERC-20 tokens into the marketplace with instant confirmation and zero gas fees.
- Mintable claimed that the integration will not affect decentralization or user custody, since the assets are secured on the Ethereum blockchain.
Unlock Protocol released a WordPress plugin that brings Web3 to WordPress. The protocol uses NFTs to manage memberships, access, and monetization.
- "Using the Unlock Protocol plugin, WordPress creators can build membership sites, provide exclusive features and benefits, grant perks, or monetize any other content they wish using Ethereum, xDAI, Polygon (Matic), and many other crypto-based assets", according to the release;
- Since WordPress powers 43% of all websites, the plugin has great potential to bridge the website mass adoption gap to Web3.
Dapper Labs partnered with Genies to launch "The Warehouse" avatar NFTs. The new platform will enable users to outfit 3D avatars that they create inside the Genies app with minted on Flow blockchain.
- The Warehouse launched on December 13th to invite-only users and will be available to a wider audience in the upcoming months;
- The avatar accessories will be mostly sold under $20, and buyers will be able to sell them on the secondary market, however secondary sales will not take place on The Warehouse platform.
- Turn your NFTs into cash WITHOUT selling them: This video by The Defiant explores how to use the NFTfi marketplace for NFT collateralized loans, getting access to liquidity without selling the asset;
- Async Blueprints explained: This article by Metaversal deep dives into the previously mentioned Async Blueprints;
- The Reading Ape summary of Zima Red ep 88: Chris from NFT Plazas: This article by The Reading Ape summarizes the Zima Red Podcast with Chris from NFT Plazas.
New podcasts and shows
- Zima Red Podcast: In this episode, Andrew interviews Harry Zhang, the co-founder of Galaxy, a protocol that powers on-chain credentials through NFTs.
- Unchained Podcast: In this episode, Laura interviews Gabby Dizon, the co-founder of Yield Guild Games (YGG), and discuss how YGG is revolutionizing crypto gaming;
- The Metaverse Podcast: In this episode, Ethan Buchman, CEO, and Co-founder of the Cosmos Network discuss how to make blockchain development available to startups, corporations as representatives of society.
NFT space in numbers
The values below are from 10th - 16th December 2021. Source: DappRadar.
|Axie Infinity old||ETH, RONIN||$76.24M
|Bored Ape Yacht Club #9452||Bored Ape Yacht Club||$1.42M
|RTFKT - CloneX Mintvial [NEW]||$50.61M
|Bored Ape Yacht Club||$33.53M
|Neo Tokyo Identities||$13.46M
|Ape Kids Club (AKC)||$12.7M
|Mutant Ape Yacht Club||$12.22M