Most innovative (author's pick)
RARA's NFT RA!CE is a new game designed to curate NFTs on a like-to-earn model. Users can invest $RA! tokens in NFTs of their interest and earn more tokens based on the NFT virality.
The OpenSea CFO Brian Roberts stated on Twitter that the company does not have immediate plans for an IPO. Roberts previously told Bloomberg that OpenSea was considering going public.
- The OpenSea community reacted negatively to the Bloomberg news, complaining of OpenSea using traditional fundraising models instead of focusing on the NFT community.
- The Silk Road founder Ross Ulbricht is currently serving a sentence of + 40 years without the possibility of parole after the closing of the marketplace;
- PleasrDAO announced that FreeRossDAO aims to fund the mission of free Ross and fight for prison reform.
Ubisoft announced Quartz, a series of cosmetic NFTs to the game Ghost Recon: Breakpoint. Users will be able to acquire NFTs of in-game items such as a weapon, clothing, or vehicle.
- Ubisoft Quartz is calling these NFTs “Digits”, the assets will be available on the Tezos blockchain. The company choose Tezos due to its low carbon footprint;
- The company also included a five-year vision article that features the addition of play-to-earn games and the entrance into the Metaverse.
The sports betting website DraftKings is expanding its NFT marketplace with an NFL players union partnership. The deal will grant licensing for players’ names and images to DraftKings for use on its NFT Marketplace.
- DraftKings will use the licensing rights for a fantasy-style game where users can purchase NFTs of specific players.
The founder Jimmy Wales will auction the first Wikipedia edit from 2001 as an NFT. The auction will also include the iMac G3 that Wales used to design the website.
- The NFT will contain the original state of Wikipedia’s website, its content can be seen at www.editthisnft.co;
- The auction is been carried at Christie's and will run from Dec 3 to Dec 15. The proceeds of the sales will go to funding WT.Social, Wale’s non-toxic social network, a project that aims to replace ad revenue and content algorithms with donations and choice of content.
New products and ideas
Seneca, the leading artist behind Bored Ape Yacht Club unveiled five new NFTs at Art Basel in Miami. The NFTs will be issued on Ethereum but will be held on the DFINITY Foundation’s Internet Computer blockchain.
A virtual anime version of Sophia, the famous AI robot, will be tokenized and auctioned off as part of a new Metaverse project called “Noah’s Ark”.
- BeingAI has partnered with the intelligent NFT (iNFT) firm Alethea AI to launch 100 iNFTs featuring Sophia beingAI on Binance’s NFT marketplace in an intelligent game offering (IGO);
- The therm iNFT refers to NFTs that are embedded with intelligence in the form of ai that adds programmability into their immutable smart contracts.
- Chainalysis 2021 NFT Market Report: This report aggregates a year of market and trade data from Opensea and analyzes the NFT investor and collection performances;
- A brief timeline of NFT's: This issue from NFT Insight overviews the timeline of NFTs up to date and explores future possibilities to the space.
New podcasts and shows
- NFT NOW Podcast: In this episode, the electronic musician Dillon Francis explored the current state and the future of music NFTs;
- The Scoop Podcast: In this episode, Frank interviews Amy Wu, Partner at Lightspeed Ventures, to discuss how NFTs will revolutionize the gaming experience.
NFT space in numbers
The values below are from 3rd - 9th December 2021. Source: DappRadar.
|Axie Infinity||ETH, RONIN||$109.47M
|Right-click and Save As guy||-||$7.09M
|Ross Ulbricht Genesis Collection||SuperRare||$6.28M
|Some Other Asshole||-||$2.28M
|Bored Ape Yacht Club||$35.52M
|Ape Kids Club (AKC) [NEW]||$25.23M
|Wizards & Dragons Game (WnD) [NEW]||$23.33M
|Crypto Bull Society||$17.17M
|RTFKT - CloneX Mintvia [NEW]||$15.34M
|Mutant Ape Yacht Club||$14.09M