6 min read

NFT Innovation Digest #10

Welcome to NFT Innovation Digest! Every Thursday, we bring you a curated digest of the most innovative and relevant topics of the NFT space.
NFT Innovation Digest #10
Image: Steve Johnson

Most innovative (author's pick)

Image: Immutable X

Immutable Apes X created a free tool that allows users to simply bridge Immutable X NFTs from L2 to L1 and back again. The tool is available at the IMX Tools website.


Most discussed

Image: Wolf Game

Wolf Game, a new play-to-earn concept that mixes NFTs and DeFi, took the attention of the NFT community and made $52M of sales in five days. The project introduces a ‘protocol-level risk’ where players' in-game decisions directly impact their staking rewards and the fate of their NFTs.

More:

  • 10,000 NFTs where stealth dropped on 18th November, with a 10% chance of getting a wolf and 90% chance of getting a sheep;
  • Sheeps can be staked in the "Barn" to earn $WOOL tokens, players can harvest their $WOOL at any time, but by doing so incurs a 20% tax paid to wolf stakers;
  • Players can try to get all their $WOOL and avoid the 20% tax by unstaking their sheep, but by doing so there is a 50% chance that all the $WOOL could be stolen by the wolves, to be shared among the wolf stakers;
  • Wolves also have a 10% chance of stealing newly-bred sheep or wolves, resulting in the NFT going to a random wolf owner instead of the minter.

Image: Nike News

Nike leaped into the Metaverse by teaming up with Roblox to create a virtual world called NIKELAND. The virtual world includes Nike's buildings, fields and arenas where players can compete in different mini-games.

More:

  • The company plans to include in-play moments to simulate global sports events, such as a soccer event during the World Cup or a flag football game during the Super Bow;
  • Users will be able to use the accelerometer in their mobile devices to use real-world movement to power their online experience;
  • In the same week, Adidas also entered into the Metaverse by buying land in The Sandbox game.

Mainstream Adoption

Image: NFL

NFL and Ticketmaster partnered to launch virtual commemorative tickets for selected NFL games this season. The NFTs will be live on Polygon network and can be viewed at the NFL NFTs marketplace.

More:

  • To claim the NFTs, the NFL fans will need to have purchased their tickets through one of the licensed NFL Ticketing Network vendors;
  • NFL will begin to distribute the NFTs for qualifying fans who attend the Thanksgiving Day game featuring the Chicago Bears.

Image: Jadu

Jadu, a company focused on the development of a world-scale AR gameworld called The Mirrorverse, is announcing a collection of NFT hoverboards in partnership with Lewis Hamilton, GRIMES, Snoop Dog, and more,

More:

  • The artist will work with Jadu to design and release 5555 Jadu Hoverboard NFTs which will go on sale 12th December at 0.222 ETH;
  • The company is focusing on building the game world focused on 3D avatars. Players will be able to bring their NFT 3D avatars such as Meebits to the game but will need 3d transportation purchasable as an NFT.

Image: Macy's

Macy's announced a Thanksgiving Day parade NFT drop based on the theme of its iconic Thanksgiving Day parade balloons, with all the NFT auction proceeds going for charity at the Make-a-Wish Foundation.

More:

  • The drop was made via the NFT platform Sweet built on the Polygon network;
  • NFTs will be launched in two phases, the first is holding an auction for 10 unique collectibles based on parade balloons throughout the decades starting on 19th November. The second phase will happen at 10:00 EST on 25th November during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, where people will be able to claim one of 9,500 free NFTs and also enter a sweepstake to win $10,000.

New products and ideas

Image: Sandbox

Sandbox is launching Sandbox Alpha, an open multi-week Play-to-Earn event starting on 29th November. Players will be able to explore the Sandbox Metaverse for the first time in the event, through 18 experiences created by The Sandbox’s teams.

More:

  • To have the full experience, the players will need to have an Alpha Pass, an NFT ticket that will allow players to explore all the experiences, earn up to 1,000 $SAND, and three exclusive NFT rewards;
  • Players without the Alpha Pass will still have access to three full experiences and the Alpha HUB, a central multiplayer experience, and also connect with other players, but not be able to earn Play-to-Earn rewards;
  • One of the 1,000 Alpha Passes will be raffled between the LAND Owners in The Sandbox.

Image: Audius

Audius, a decentralized music platform, launched an NFT embed tool for Twitter and Discord. Users will be able to show their Ethereum and Solana NFTs on Twitter, Discord, and other websites.

More:

  • The users need to connect to a Web3 wallet such as MetaMask or Phantom to view their NFT on the Audius platform. From the Audius platform, they can use the new tool to share a video gallery of their collection on social media or other websites.

New podcasts and shows

  • NFT NOW Podcast: In this episode, Richerd Chan, the co-founder of Manifold.xyz tells his views on NFTs and explains why he turned down a nearly $10 million offer for his CryptoPunk #6046;
  • Overpriced JPEGs Podcast: In its second episode, Carly interviews the NFT influencer Zeneca_33, who's launching his project ZenAcademy;
  • Bankless Layer Zero Podcast: In this episode, David interviews the digital artist pplpleasr, and goes through her road into the NFT space.

Save the date

  • 30th November - 1st December: DCENTRAL Miami is the largest NFT & DeFi conference in Miami, don't miss it!
  • 7th December: Metaverso is Puerto Rico’s first summit on NFTs, it's a great catch!

NFT space in numbers

The values below are from 19th - 25h November 2021. Source: DappRadar.

Top Marketplaces

Marketplace Blockchain Volume Traders
OpenSea ETH, Polygon $583.36M
+71.47%
136,902
+7.03%
Axie Infinity ETH, RONIN $191.74M
-17.16%
230,332
-20.5%
AtomicMarket WAX $45.02M
+36.9%
56,221
-14.86%
CryptoPunks ETH $44.91M
+9.88%
126
+43.18%
Magic Eden SOLANA $19.15M
-1.96%
+32,809
+8.07%

Top Sales

NFT Collection Price
Bored Ape Yacht Club #1837 Bored Ape Yacht Club $1.58M
333 ETH
CryptoPunk #9612 CryptoPunks $1.19M
250 ETH
Fidenza #718 Art Blocks $1.12M
240 WETH
CryptoPunk #8898 CryptoPunks $1.11M
260 ETH
CryptoPunk #8359 CryptoPunks $1.06M
250 ETH

Top Collections

Collection Volume Traders Sales
Axie Infinity $191.38M
-17.66%
229,881
-20.82%
602,008
-20.68%
Bored Ape Yacht Club $105.98M
+371.03%
720
+228.77%
472
+260.31%
Mutant Ape Yacht Club $74.34M
+473.2%
2,992
+217.96%
2,266
+280.2%
CryptoPunks $45.15M
+9.52%
127
+41.11%
94
+28.77%
Farmers World $33.43M
+43.49%
7,459
+11.15%
68,920
-4.33%
The Sandbox $32.14M
+309.69%
2,800
+22.59%
3,195
+27.54%
Art Blocks $23.59M
-3.05%
2,594
+41.59%
2,568
+72.34%
Lil Baby Ape Club - LBAC $16.35M
-
6,482
-
15,155
-
Doodles V4 $16.1M
+241.05%
2,025
+96.03%
1,522
+117.43%
Cool Cats $12.04M
+152.78%
438
+78.05%
309
+108.78%

Did you enjoy this week's NFT Innovation Digest? Give feedback to help us improve.

Want to help give this content exposure through a partnership, please be in touch!